BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow!

Day no. 2 of no childcare! Woohoo! It is amazing how much quieter the house is with just Gavin and I. (Well, I had one other child here until 1:00 yesterday; but that was fine!) I did have one (of my "favorite"-ha) parent text me and wake us up at 7:30, to tell me they weren't coming, as she also did yesterday AM. Duh. Really?! You can't wait until 8:00 at least? You don't dictate my days enough as it is since I have your child here about 10 hours everyday?! Wed. said child was the first one here at 7:30am and the last one to leave at 5:30. That is not the first time that has happened. I told her to text me IF the WERE coming when they were on the way. I really think she purposely does things like that sometimes. Really. Ugh. Okay, sorry for that, I am done.
I let Gavin do some painting with his easel. After working on some dishes I turned around and noticed I forgot to put up the paper I had gotten out for him to paint on. Soo, he was just painting on the easel, the way he normally does with chalk. Opps - my mistake. I almost have it all cleaned off now; I will work on it some more later.

We played out in the snow a little before noon. Gavin was clearly on a mission to break all icycles (that he could reach). He didn't go very far in the yard as the snow was coming down quite a bit and blowing too. It hasn't stopped coming down since we woke up. It is really starting to pile up. It is pretty. I really love the shape of snowflakes. It is so neat how unique they all are! What a neat little gift from God! I have always loved catching them on my gloves to look at them. I was trying to show Gavin how they look like 'stars', but he just kept saying, 'no, I think they're snowflakes'.

We came inside, watched Sesame Street and made snow ice cream. I added a little too much sugar, but Gavin was fine with that.
I made homemade noodles (and chicken) last night. I have been thinking about doing this for a while, but just hadn't. I didn't realize how easy they are! They were pretty good too and next time I have a few ideas of how to make them better.
Jared has had to work both days, but he is already home today! I have been semi-paranoid that he is going to get stuck again like he did in last month's blizzard.
Jared wants to go eat somewhere tonight. Getting out in this makes me kind of nervous.
Also, this is my new kitchen light! Jared and ("Uncle") Wakely installed it a couple of weeks ago. I love it! Now I don't have to work over the sink in shadows; I hate that!

0 comments: