BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Catch Up!

Since I have neglected to blog since March I will try to highlight some of the things we have done since then...

My mom came this weekend. We took Gavin to a splash park and Jared and I got a night out which was nice. We went to Eischen's (fried chicken) in Okarche with some of his friends. It was fun. I needed it.

We have been swimming a lot as usual for the summer. Sometimes we just go to apartment pools, ha. We went to Will Roger's Aquatic Center last weekend. Though it was pretty crowded, I liked it. Jared took Gavin down the medium/large slide several times. They also have a small splash/spray ground area that G enjoyed. We went to White Water a few weeks ago. It was neat to see how many more things Gavin could do there as opposed to what I remembered him doing last year. We even took him on the "Big Kahuna" once. It was fun.


We got a new roof put on our house. After the hail storm we had early May, we filed insurance claims on both our cars and house. Roofers have been crazy trying to get business. There were days that I would get about 5 fliers in the mall and other people were going door to door knocking. A couple of my neighbors and I were really getting frustrated with all these idiots. So, Jared ended up getting a new car, a Chrysler 300 LTD and the Escape is still waiting to be repaired. There are two cracks on the windshield and of course there are dents everywhere. Right before the storm, Gavin and I were at a wedding shower out near Piedmont. About 30 or so minutes into the shower, the host's husband started altering us of a tornado that was nearby so everyone packed up and left. I felt so bad for Ashley, her shower being interrupted the way it was. She is such a sweet girl. Gavin and I got home just as it started to rain. In 5 minutes, I am not kidding, the sky got really dark and hail almost as big as golf and tennis balls was pounding our house. I was kind of freaked out as Jared was at work and I knew there were tornados not to far away by Piedmont. Luckily it didn't last long and all the damage done is repairable.

The weekend of June 12th, Gavin and I went to Kansas City for some time with my family and to do some kid stuff while Jared was stuck at work. We went to Crown Center, Union Station and The Legends, an outdoor shopping mall. Crown Center had a Clifford the Big Red Dog thing going on. They had a play area set up with all the different props from Clifford. There is a really cool little restaurant called Fritz's. It is not great food (cheap), but it is all about trains, so G. was a fan. Miniature trains bring you your food order and since the place is packed, trains are constantly chugging around. We went to the train station which was pretty cool. They have a good size room full of miniature train displays. Of course Gavin loved that. We sat while he played for a while. They also had a dinosaur exhibit going on. Though we did not go through the entire thing, my child was obsessed with this one dinosaur display there. Kaleidoscope is another place we visited there. It is a really neat kids art place. He was tired and a little young, but did a little bit of work. We also went to the Hallmark visitor center which was neat. Gavin was particularly intrigued by all the ornaments as a lot of them were miniature characters such as spiderman, etc.

There is a T-Rex (dino) restaurant at The Legends. It is owned by the same people who owned Rainforest Cafe, so it is very similar, obviously it is dinosaurs instead of other jungle type animals. Gavin really liked all the decor. his trip made me feel that OKC is kind of dinky compared to KC.

Jared and I took Gavin downtown one night just for something to do. We thought he would like riding on a 'boat' down the canal, but he really didn't care much. Oh well, I liked it. We got to see some of the landrun statues on the newest part of the canal I had never seen before.


Mid-May, I think the weekend of the 15th, one of Jared's good friends had his bachelor party at Lake Texoma. So, Gavin and I went to go see "How to Train Your Dragon" that Friday night. We had never taken him to the theater since we didn't think he could sit through an entire show, plus I am not a big fan of just going and sitting at a movie theater for two hours. It is overpriced, usually cold, you can't pause, other people are talking or kicking your chair, etc. Anyway, Gavin did really well and he liked the movie for the most part. He started to ask to leave toward the end, but we ended up being able to watch all of it. It was cute, though there were a few parts I thought were a bit scary/inappropriate. Why can't kids' movies just be wholesome? How hard is it, really?!


The next day we went to the zoo. I was worried because it was supposed to rain but it ended up being a perfect day. We saw the sea lion show for the first time (ridiculous, I know) which was really cute. A lot of the animals were out that day too, I think because the weather was decent.

JARED FINALLY GRADUATED COLLEGE! This has been a long awaited moment. I am so glad he is done. He jokes about getting his master's and I sincerely told him that that will not be happening until our kids are much older.

Jared decided it would be fun to take Gavin to a Redhawks game. We had a good time and Gavin really liked it. I was kind of surprised as to how attentive he was as those things are sometimes difficult to pay attention to.


April 24 Jared took Gavin to Parker Bryan's birthday party. It was at Bouncin' Craze in Edmond. I was bummed I didn't get to go as I had a training that day.

My mom and sister, Stephanie, came for Easter again this year. We went to the church hunt at the Rhode's home on Saturday. Next year I am going to bring extra eggs just for Gavin to find as all the bigger kids there seem to dominate even when the little kids get a head start. I am kind of shocked at the mother's who let their 5/6 year old kids walk away with their baskets toppling over with eggs when some of the little kids have about 5. Oh well. Sunday we went to Pop's in Arcadia for the first time and had an egg hunt there as well.


In other (recent) news, Gavin has been toileting. He was doing really well. I was so impressed and excited. But, the last three days, he has just been peeing all over. I am really confused as to why. I did not push him into potty training and he was telling me that he wanted to do it every time. I am kind of frustrated with it now.


I had been gardening like crazy. It was kind of obsessive. But now that it is so hot, I haven't been doing anything other than pulling an occasional weed. I am looking forward to the fall so I can start planting again.

Soo, if you didn't already know, I am pregnant! Yeah! It only took us two months of 'trying' and I didn't even think we put out enough effort then. ;) I will be 8 weeks Wednesday and have my 2nd prenatal appointment then. I am excited because they are doing an ultrasound. I hope we see something neat.

I have been miserably sick. I have been nauseous constantly, I am not kidding; and, before I started getting nauseous 24/7, I was so fatigued. The fatigue has mainly gone away and today I am feeling much better stomach and headwise, though not 100%. I was going to check my diary, but I really don't remember feeling this terrible with Gavin. I know that I only threw up once, I think with him. This time I have only thrown up twice so far, but I want to more. I haven't been eating a lot, so I wonder if that is why I am not throwing it up. A lot of foods are tasting sour to me, even things that I usually really like. I have had occasional cramping. It is bearable and it doesn't usually last long. But it feels like I am just being stabbed in my stomach. I know that I am not able to feel the baby move yet, but, sometimes it feels like there is something moving and kicking in there. And, my boobs have been pretty sore, especially in the mornings when I wake up for some reason. There are a couple of other things going on that aren't too major, but I thought the boobs information was TMI as it is for some of you. BTW, I know posting this on the internet is not exactly keeping it a secret, but there are some people who don't need to know yet, so if you are reading this, consider yourself special.

Sorry this is so long, though, I am sure I am forgetting things.

0 comments: